His primary research interests are in the area of robust deep/machine learning, text mining, data privacy, and information quality (and the related areas of Data Science and Big Data). He is seeking self-motivated students to join his research group.
Teaching (full list)
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence (CS 591, in-person/Online), Spring/Summer 2021, Undergraduate/Gradaute-Level
- Analysis of Algorithms (CS 350, in-person), Fall 2021,Undergraduate-Level-Level
- C programming and LINUX Environments (CS 351, Hyplex), Spring/Fall 2021, Undergraduate-Level
- Foundation of Computing (CS 503, Online/Heplex), Spring/Fall 2021, Gradaute-Level
Teaching Courses at SEMO):
Recent Publications ( Google Scholar , full list)
- Dai, Wei, Daniel Berleant. "Benchmarking Deep Learning Classifiers: Beyond Accuracy" In-process: Under review, 2021.
- Dai, Wei, Daniel Berleant. "Benchmarking Contemporary Deep Learning Hardware and Frameworks:A Survey of Qualitative Metrics" 2019 IEEE First International Conference on Cognitive Machine Intelligence.
- Dai, Wei, Kenji Yoshigoe, and William Parsley. "Improving Data Quality Through Deep Learning and Statistical Models." In Information Technology-New Generations, pp. 515-522. Springer, Cham, 2018.
- Dai, Wei, and Ningning Wu. "Profiling Essential Professional Skills of Chief Data Officers Through Topical Modeling Algorithms." in Americas Conference on Information Systems ,2017. # A Top Conference in Information Management Field.
- Dai, Wei, Isaac Wardlaw, Yu Cui, Kashif Mehdi, Yanyan Li, and Jun Long. "Data profiling technology of data governance regarding big data: review and rethinking." In Information Technology: New Generations, pp. 439-450. Springer, Cham, 2016.
- Yoshigoe Kenji and Wei Dai, Melissa Abramson, and Alexander Jacobs. "Overcoming invasion of privacy in smart home environment with synthetic packet injection." In 2015 TRON Symposium (TRONSHOW), pp. 1-7. IEEE, 2015.
- Jiagang Liu, Ju Ren, Wei Dai, Deye Zhang, Pude Zhou, Yaoxue Zhang, Geyong Min, Noushin Najjari. "Online Multi-Workflow Scheduling under Uncertain Task Execution Time in IaaS Clouds." IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 2019.(Accepted on March 16th 2019) # A Top Journal in the Computer Science.
- Dai, Wei ,etc "Understanding DB2 DBA", In Neusoft Electronic Press, China, May 2009.
- Dai, Wei ,etc "Advanced DB2 DBA " , In Neusoft Electronic Press, China, August 2009.
Recent Professional Activities (full list)
- Machine learning Benchmarks Group, Core Researcher, California, in 2018
- Organized a Machine Learning Study Group (MLSG) at UALR as a leader, in 2015
- Computing Conference 2019 and Intelligent Systems Conference (IntelliSys) in 2018
- 2016 World Symposium on Computer Applications & Research in 2016
- IEEE The Symposium on Emerging Topics in Computing and Communications in 2015
Program committee member:
Selected Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Research Award in Information Science at UA Little Rock,2017, USA
- Industrial Awards in EIT Open House at UA Little Rock, 2017, USA
- The first place and the third place Research Awards at UALR Student Research and Creative Works EXPO,2017, USA
- Honorable Mention Award at UALR Student Research and Creative Works EXPO,2016, USA
- Best IBM Customer Service Award in 2014;,IBM China
- IBM Excellent Instructor Prize in 2011 and 2012, respectively ,IBM China
- IBM Outstanding Employee in 2009 and 2012, respectively, IBM China
- IBM South China Technical Talent Award in 2009, 2011, and 2012, respectively, IBM China
Drafted Purposes for Research Grants
- Google Company, Deep Learning Cloud Platform Credits Awards, $5,000,in 2019
- Nvidia Company, Nvidia GPU Research Grant， in 2015-2016
- TruckXi Company, Research Grant, $3,500,in 2015
- UA Little Rock, Academic Travel Awards, $1,000,in 2016-2018