Currently, Dr. Wei Dai is an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Sciences at Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO). David is a nickname of Dr. Dai. David earned the Ph.D. degree in Computer and Information Sciences in August 2020 and the master’s degree in information science in December 2016 from University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UA Little Rock). He earned a master's degree in software engineer from South China University of Technology ( Top 15 in China) and Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from Central South University (Top 17 in China). Furthermore, he hold a graduate certification in finance from SUN YAT-SEN UNIVERSITY (Top 13 in China). Before moving to the U.S., he had worked as a senior data engineer at the IBM China and IBM China Lab for seven more years.
- Research interests are in the area of robust deep/machine learning, text mining, data privacy, and information quality (and the related areas of Information/Data Science and Big Data).
- Have teaching experience with a variety of undergraduate/graduate students in the USA
- In-depth knowledge of industry and education with experience in designing course projects, mentoring students, implementing professional service, and applying for funds.
- Google funded his doctoral research, and almost 7yrs work experience at IBM China as a senior data specialist.
David believes that education is opportunities for students
An undergraduate student gave his first-hand feedback on LinkedIn, December 2018, UA Little Rock
Selected Awards and Grants
- Excellence in Research Award in Information Science, 2017, UA Little Rock
- The first place and the third place Research Awards at UALR Student Research and Creative Works EXPO in 2017, UA Little Rock
- Honorable Mention Award at UALR Student Research and Creative Works EXPO, 2016, UA Little Rock
- Industrial Awards in EIT Open House, 2017, UA Little Rock
- Best IBM Customer Service Award in 2014;
- IBM Excellent Instructor Prize in 2011 and 2012, respectively
- IBM Outstanding Employee in 2009 and 2012, respectively
- IBM South China Technical Talent Award in 2009, 2011, and 2012, respectively