My research interests are in the area of robust deep/machine learning, text mining, data privacy, and information quality (and the related areas of Information/Data Science and Big Data).
- Quantitatively evaluate how Two-Factor defective datasets impact deep learning robustness
- Enhancing image classifier robustness based on algorithms
- Using imperfective images for benchmarking deep learning networks.
- Related Courses: Image Processing, Deep Learning, and Artificial Intelligence
- Building data quality metrics on databases or images
- Repairing/improving data quality through machine learning
- Related Courses:Database, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Data Governance
Analyzing Online Resumes through Text Mining (Data, Papers, Demos)
- Using online resumes for analyzing potential career paths.
- Better understanding professor skills and education background impact career paths.
- Recommending training/educational plans to end-users.
- Related Courses: Text Mining, Social Computing, and Information Retrieval
Data Privacy of Internet of Things (IoT) (Data, Papers, Demos))
- Protecting data privacy of IoT
- Using WiFi signals for tracking/analyzing people movement
- Related Courses: Network, Data Privacy, Cyber Security, and Data Mining
[Role: PI] Southeast Missouri State University (Internal), Robust Aerial Image Processing for Soybean Breeding: A Seed Grant, Total Award: $3,795. Project Period: May 2020 – December 2021. Collaborators: Andrew Chronister (SEMO)
[Role: PI] Google Company , Deep Learning Cloud Platform Credits Awards, Total Award: $5,000. Project Period: November 2019 – December 2020. Collaborators: Pengyin Chen (University of Missouri-Columbia)
[Role: PI] Southeast Missouri State University (Internal), A Self-Defense Web Application with Informed Caches, Total Award: $500. Project Period: October 2019 – December 2020
Nvidia Company, Nvidia GPU Research Grant 2015-2016
TruckXi Company, Research Grant, $3,500 2015
UA Little Rock, Academic Travel Awards, $1,000 2016-2018
- Excellence in Research Award in Information Science, 2017, UA Little Rock
- The first place and the third place Research Awards at UALR Student Research and Creative Works EXPO in 2017, UA Little Rock
- Honorable Mention Award at UALR Student Research and Creative Works EXPO, 2016, UA Little Rock
- Industrial Awards in EIT Open House, 2017, UA Little Rock
- Best IBM Customer Service Award in 2014;
- IBM Excellent Instructor Prize in 2011 and 2012, respectively
- IBM Outstanding Employee in 2009 and 2012, respectively
- IBM South China Technical Talent Award in 2009, 2011, and 2012, respectively